I see the shortcomings in others as reflections of mine, something needing help more than ridicule

I try not to get upset when things go wrong. I used to. But over time, I've come to realize that when things go wrong, it is an opportunity for me to solve a problem. And I love solving problems.
The more I do this, the less trying I need to not get upset. Soon it becomes natural. Perversely, I see this a form of the saying "Don't get angry, get even." Because getting even is one solution. Not getting upset is also a form of peace. Where you don't need to get riled over the smallest thing.
Now, I'm turning that view outward. Out to the people around me. Where I used to deride, I now choose to encourage. Where I used to vilify, I now choose to help.
Positivity is a choice we all can make. First it helps us. Then it'll help us help others. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is no surprise when there is no expectation

If eveyone is a leader, who is left following?

Everybody is entitled to a wrong opinion